Personal information protection policy
MegaChips Corporation ("Company") hereby confirms that it will effectively and appropriately handle Personal Information provided by you, as the user ("User").
We have adopted the personal information protection policy ("Policy") set out below and will fully implement this policy in handling the User's Personal Information.
Definition of Personal Information
As used in the Policy, the definition of Personal Information includes the User's name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, email address, place of employment, and other relevant data which is capable of identifying the User.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
When the Company wants to collect Personal Information, it will state and specify the purpose of collection. Personal Information entrusted to us will only be used for the purpose specified. If any other use beyond that purpose becomes necessary, we will contact the User in advance for consent. Unless consent is obtained, we will not use the Personal Information for any other purpose than the specified one.
The decision to provide us with Personal Information is made only and absolutely by the User. However, there may be certain situations where we cannot provide services unless the User provides Personal Information.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Personal Information will not be disclosed or provided to third parties, except in the following cases.
- When consent of the User is obtained in advance;
- When required by laws or orders to cooperate with judicial and governmental organizations or their equivalents;
- When the Company's business operations are transferred to another entity who continues the business, followed by a merger, split-off, or other such business transactions;
- When deemed necessary to have our affiliates or agents respond to inquiries from the User;
- When our suppliers and affiliates are entrusted with the business in question that directly relates to the specified purpose. (We will take strict measures to have the companies to whom the business is entrusted manage Personal Information appropriately and prohibit any other use and disclosure);
- When the processing of administrative and distribution work (including events such as prize-winning and promotional campaigns and sending out prizes, correspondence, etc.) are outsourced to a company that has concluded a confidentiality agreement with the Company;
- When required by financial institutions to process the User’s credit card transactions in the payment of a product or service provided to the User and
- Under other legitimate circumstances.
Management of Personal Information
The Company appoints information security managers to appropriately and responsibly handle Personal Information and sets forth its main responsibilities as follows:
- The managers are to take measures to prevent any unauthorized access to Personal Information, and to prevent loss, destruction, alteration or leakage of such Personal Information, as well as making appropriate contingency plans.
- The managers are responsible for educating and training our employees about properly handling Personal Information.
- What is a "Cookie" ?
- Purpose of Using Cookies
- How to Disable Cookies
A cookie is a text file that is placed on the user's computer on websites that the user visits. Using cookies enables the Company to obtain information such as the pages and number of visits the site user made through the user's computer. Cookies do not include any information to identify a user, such as email address or individual name, and so on.
Users can disable the cookies by changing the browser setting. However, if the cookies are disabled in the user's browser, some features on this website may not work properly.
Google Analytics Terms of Service(External link)
Google Analytics can be disabled when the user downloads and installs the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on from the Google website below and changes the browser settings.
Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on(External link)
When you would like to inquire, alter or delete your Personal Information, please contact us by
email: or Contact Foam.
Once the identification of the User is confirmed, we will provide the information or make changes accordingly.