SiTime MEMS resonators are made of silicon and manufactured in ultra-clean semiconductor foundries. SiTime MEMS resonators' proven designs ensure high yield and superior quality. Qualification and lifecycle tested to an MTBF (mean time between failure) of more than a 1 billion hours (FIT<1), over 250 million of these resonators have been shipped with zero MEMS field failures.
SiTime MEMS oscillators combine a MEMS resonator die with a programmable oscillator IC.
SiTime's MEMS technology enables the smallest footprint and chip-scale packaging of its class.
SiTime World's smallest two die CSP package introduced with μPower oscillators. The oscillator is a mere 1.5 x 0.8 mm, or approximately 1.2 mm2.
Shock- and vibration-resistance
SiTime MEMS resonators are more robust than crystal resonators in quartz-based oscillators, which are especially sensitive to damage from vibration.
• SiTime MEMS resonators have much smaller mass than quartz resonators.
• The proprietary design of SiTime MEMS oscillators features a very rigid resonator structure.
SiTime's all-silicon programmable platform enables very short lead times of three to five weeks. This makes supply chain management and inventory control easier while lowering manufacturing and support costs.
Silicon is far less expensive than quartz. In addition, while quartz vendors have a complex manufacturing flow, SiTime uses a fabless model. This means they can choose from many semiconductor foundries to offer lower-cost products with a better cost trajectory than quartz products. As silicon MEMS process technology advances and devices become smaller, costs are reduced.
SiTime has the industry's broadest portfolio of timing solutions. For a list of available products and options, see SiTime's Product Selector Guide or Part Number Generator.
1 Hz to 625 MHz (accurate to within 6 decimals)
±1.5, ±2.5, ±5, ±10, ±25 or ±50 PPM
• Extended commercial (-20 to 70°C)
• Industrial (-40 to 85°C)
• Extended industrial (-40 to 105°C)
• Automotive (-40 to 125°C) or military (-55 to 125°C)
• MHz LVCMOS devices: 1.8, 2.5 to 3.3V
• Differential devices: 2.5 to 3.3V
• kHz devices: 1.2 to 4.5V
Output signaling type
• Single-ended devices: LVCMOS
• Differential devices: LVPECL, LVDS, HCSL or CML
Industry-standard packages / Special packages
• 2012, 2016, 2520, 5032 or 7050 SMD packages for drop-in replacement of quartz
• Spread spectrum (down and center spread) and digital control (DCXO)
• Programmable from ±25 to ±1600 PPM with 1% linearity (available in VCXO, VCTCXO and DCXO lines)
• Programmable high- and low-drive strength settings for optimal EMI or for driving multiple loads
• Output enable, spread disable, standby or no connect
Since the clock quickly stabilizes right after power-up, power consumption at system startup is vastly minimized.
The energy consumption of the SiTime MEMS oscillator is as low as typical 1uA and optimal for the applications that small in size and low in power consumption are crucial.
Ultra-high frequency stability
SiTime develops MEMS resonators for a variety of different applications. Moreover, output frequency is configured with a PLL (phase-locked loop) on the analog oscillator die for highly accurate oscillation and low phase noise over temperature. SiTime MEMS oscillators support wider temperature ranges (-20 to 70°C, -40 to 85°C, -40 to 105°C, -40 to 125°C and -55 to 125°C), making them well suited for a variety of applications. They also exhibit better frequency stability than quartz oscillators.