Personal Information Protection Policy
1. Concept of Protection of Personal Information
MegaChips Corporation (the “Company”) declares that it will effectively and appropriately handle the personal information received from customers, business partners, shareholders, applicants, and other stakeholders (the “Individuals”). MegaChips will handle and ensure personal information relating to customers in accordance with this policy.
The meanings of the terms used in this policy shall follow the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
2. Purpose of Use
We will obtain and use personal information within the scope of the following purpose of use (the “Purpose of Use”).
Personal information on customers (including business partners)
- To provide products, services, and after-sale services
- To perform our entrusted or outsourced services
- To conduct business meetings and discussions
- To respond to inquiries and contact customers
- To bill for compensation and for other payment-related purposes
- To improve products or services based on opinions received from customers
- To plan, research, or develop new products or services
- To provide information on or manage seminars, events, exhibitions, etc.
- To guide or operate seminars, events, and exhibitions
- To conduct campaigns, prize offers, questionnaires, etc.
- To investigate or analyze marketing data and consider or implement marketing measures
- To prevent and respond to fraudulent activities, etc.
- To provide personal information to third parties in the manner described in this policy
Personal information on shareholders
- To fulfill rights and obligations under the Companies Act and other laws and regulations
- To provide various benefits for your status as a shareholder
- To operate and record the general meeting of shareholders
- To manage shares and shareholders, including the preparation of data based on various laws and regulations
- To provide information to or contact to shareholders
Personal information on applicants (including internship applicants)
- To provide information or contact to applicants
- To implement or manage the Company’s recruitment or internship activities
We will also obtain and use personal information for business operations related to each of the above items at our consolidated companies or equity-method affiliates (the “Group Companies”) described in our securities reports and other financial documents.
3. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will not provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- In case of having the consent
We may provide personal data with the consent of the person.
- In case of outsourcing
We may entrust the handling of personal data to our Group Companies or other contractors.
- In case of business succession, etc.
We may provide personal data in connection with business succession due to mergers or other reasons.
- In case of joint use
We may provide personal data to our Group Companies as described in “4. Joint Use”.
- Other cases based on laws and regulations
When required by law, we may provide personal data to third parties without consent of the individual.
4. Joint Use
We will share personal information with our Group Companies as follows.
- Items of personal information to be used jointly
Necessary items for joint use among the following information
Name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, occupation (including Company name, affiliation and title), information obtained in connection with employment or internship (including education, background, and work experience), transaction details, purchase history, payment information (including information on financial institution accounts, credit card, and other payments), site browsing history, cookies (cookie and similar technologies) and other on-line identifiers, requests, inquiries, and contact information
- Scope of joint use
- Purpose of use by the user
Purpose of use stated in the “2. Purpose of Use”
- Person responsible for the management of personal data
Person specified in the “10. Name of Entity Handling Personal Information”
- Provision of Personal Data to Foreign Subsidiaries
In accordance with the joint use, we may provide personal data to our Group Companies located in the United States, including California, or Taiwan. For further information, please refer to the website of the Personal Information Protection Committee's Research of Systems for the Protection of Personal Information in Foreign Countries (Japanese website). Our Group Companies will take measures for the protection of personal information in accordance with our company.
5. Security Control Measures
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data that we handle and secure safe data management.
6. Request for Disclosure
When we receive a request for disclosure (i.e., a request for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use or suspension of provision to third parties of personal information or records provided to third parties) by the person in question, we will respond to such request in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations.
Please note that it may take some time for us to confirm the identity of the person making the request for disclosure, and search for the personal information within the Company.
- What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text file that is stored on the user’s computer when accessing the website. By using cookies, MegaChips is able to obtain information such as the number of times that a computer has accessed the Site and which pages were viewed, but it does not contain information that can identify individuals, such as an email address or name.
The cookie function can be disabled with the settings of your browser. However, if cookies are disabled, you may not be able to access specific parts of this Site or all or part of services on this Site may become unavailable.
- About Google Analytics
(1) Use of Google Analytics
(2) Provision of Information
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services >
(3) Method of disabling
If you want to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, please download and install “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” from the following external link and change the browser add-on settings.
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on>
We will review this policy and our internal personal information protection system accordingly and ensure to fully protect personal information. We may change this policy as needed. Please confirm the contents of the latest policy.
9. Inquiry Form
If you have any complaints or inquiries regarding our handling of personal information, please contact the following.
10. Name of Entity Handling Personal Information
Shin-Osaka Hankyu Building, 1-1-1, Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka
Tetsuo Hikawa, President and CEO
11. Supplementary Provisions
Revised on June 15, 2023